by John D. Rockefeller V
Congratulations to the players who represented Maryland at the 2021 U.S. Open Invitationals, held during the U.S. Open:
- IM Tegshsuren Enkhbat, 2380, tied for 4th in the John T. Irwin National Tournament of Senior (50+) State Champions and will receive MD Chess's Irwin Stipend of $750. See the Irwin results.
- NM Bijan Tahmassebi, 2210, tied for 29th in the GM Arnold Denker National Tournament of High-School (9-12) State Champions and will receive MD Chess's Denker Stipend of $750. See the Denker results.
- Carissa Zheng, 1961, tied for 11th in the WIM Ruth Haring National Tournament of Girls (K-12) State Champions and will receive MD Chess's Haring Stipend of $750. See the Haring results.
- Chen-chen Ye, 2021, tied for 13th in the Dewain Barber National Tournament of Middle-School (6-8) State Champions and will receive MD Chess's Barber Stipend of $750. See the Barber results.
- Daniel Udovenko, 1792, tied for 22nd in the John D. Rockefeller III National Tournament of Elementary-School (K-5) State Champions and will receive MD Chess's Rockefeller Stipend of $750. See the Rockefeller results.
As a team, Maryland’s players placed 15th out of the maximum of 52 state affiliate teams. See the U.S. Open Invitationals’ state team standings.
MD’s state representatives were eligible to play in the FM Sunil Weeramantry National Blitz Tournament of State Champions, held several hours before the U.S. Open Invitationals. Separated into 4 sections by rating, players can compete against players from any of the U.S. Open Invitationals. See the Weeramantry results.